With the arrival of the final piece, and some scrounging, I have arrived at the final configuration of my AR-15.
I mounted the Tasco Pro Point red dot sight on the riser mount I bought at the gun show. I also installed an 8 inch piece of Magpul rail to the front handgaurd, so I could install a foregrip.
With that, it is complete.
- Lower receiver, New Frontier Armory G-15 aluminum lower, bought through Dogleg Arms in Douglasville, GA
- Lower parts kit, from DPMS, bought through Lakeside Guns in Acworth, GA.
- TAPCO adjustable stock, bought through Lakeside Guns.
- ERGO padded grip, bought through Lakeside Guns.
- Completed upper, PSA M4 Madness – 16” CMV CL Stripped Upper from Palmetto State Armory.
- Rear sight, Magpul MBUS Gen 2 from Palmetto State Armory
- Bolt carrier from Mark’s Armory
- Bolt, AR-Stoner from Midway USA.
- Charging handle, standard from MSA
- Firing pin and spares from Midway USA and Windham Weaponry
For what it’s worth, the whole thing, with a fully loaded 30 round PMAG (yes, I am rich) weighs in at 9.4 pounds.
Late yesterday I used a laser bore sighter to sight the red dot at 36 yards, and then co-witnessed the iron sights to the red dot.
Now, for a cleaning and oiling, and a drive to the range. After all, I bought 4 PMAGs and ammo some time last fall.